Brisbane River - Toowong/St Lucia Reach 19-04-09

Angus

Hey everyone,

Well luckily for them (and me) some friends of mine have purchased a unit on the river along the St Lucia/Toowong reach. The unit block boasts an awesome 50-60m of river frontage and will be great for lazy sunday sessions.

To test this theory, yesterday I pulled some prawns from my freezer and headed over with a carton. The aim was simple, to have a catty session with a few beers to celebrate this new play ground :P

Well sadly not a catty was caught :(

We did however catch 15 Bream, a moses perch and large Estuary Cod we could not lift up the rock wall!

10 minutes into the session we had scored about 4 bream all around the 20cm mark so I changed over the plastics quickly bagging a 23 and 24cm bream in the matter of minutes. Tanya and Ellen also scored Legal bream. John hooked up to the COd and after a long fight and some good drag pulls we had on the surface. Regretfully the line snapped trying to manouvre the line so some could climb down and grab it.

Overall despite the lost photo opp everyone was pretty stoked that we have a pretty awesome little "sunday session" spot sorted!

Ellen has the photo's on her camera and ill post them when she emails them.

Cheers.

Angus

dan25 wrote:

sounds like a fun session :)

bad luck with the cod :(

Not a big deal. It would have been released anyway.

Shame not to get a brag shot though :P Especially as John has never caught a cod and this guy would have been 50 conservatively.

Angus

nadders wrote:

oh well lol he'll still be around, they don't move too far from home do they

Mate thats what I was thinking.

Where we pulled him out of was a cluster of sunken concrete pipes, wooden pilons and rocks. Im sure he went straight back!!! And he probably has friends!

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Archived