P!ssed off at the Pin.

rayke1938

Had to go down to Horizon Shores marine to pick up my 2 new project boats and after yesterday being throughly thrashed at bass fishing at the Hinze by my 8 year old grandson decided to have a few hours at the pin.

Also needed to see how my new hydrofield performed trolling.

Launched at 6.30 and motored down to sandbanks near Kalinga bank and commenced trolling. Trolling into tide just made headway so increased revs to 850 for 1.5 kph and 4.5 kph at idle with the tide.

Trolled around for over 2 hours and not even a bump tried about 15 different lures including tassy devils.

About 11ish it started to blow a noreaster so I decided to pack it in.

Got back to Cabbage tree and it was blowing about 20k with a 2 foot chip across the ramp.

Couldnt back trailer down deep enough as I didnt want to get the car wet.

Every time I tried to drive the boat up onto the trailer the wind and chop would knock me sideways.

Eventually got it on after about 6 tries and a loss of a lot of metal off the prop.

Looks like my next project will be installing a drop axle on the trailer to reduce its height. I have already changed down to 13 inch rime to fit the boat in the garage

That and a couple of feet on the draw bar? or maybe one of those extendables they use for beach launching, they swing away,store along the existing draw bar and only fold out when you need them. Might be a handy edition for a drive on boat! Particularly if you have to do any low tide retrieves!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/01/22 19:54

I love that ramp when the westerly blows any other time I hate it with a passion for the exact reason you got flogged. And the pin sucks too!

Mate, I can see it and feel for you - that would have been horrific. It so exposed there. Nice and sandy next to ramp but very open.

What's wrong with Redland Bay? There's a jetty and protected ramp - nice cruise accross to the pin. I bet you don't do that again in a hurry.;)

Archived