brookfield reservoir ( big dam end of gld ck rd)

shanes

heyy fellaz,

me and GOOBA went down to the local reservoir the other day in brookfield where i have wanted to fish for ages. we went down with a handful of gear and started casting some bread in around some plants and and all that with no luck .. then i started flicking a sp around .. no luck we even tried a bit of cat food (chicken and all the yummy stuff) and nothing again .. so we decided to head down the over flow side with 1 rod and a bucket and down the bottom we found fresh water yabbies and chucked them straight on.

before the first yabby hit the bottom my mate had hooked a small spangled perch in a small creek !!! seeing as though that was the first bit of excitement for the day we were stoked to get anything. after that we could see the fish just swimming past our bait in a school . they would barely touch it . EXTREMELY ANNOYING WATCHING THEM DO THAT !hah

anyway my question is if there is fish in the creek from the overflow doesnt that mean that there would be fish in the dam (its huuuggee) ??? if so does anyone have anytips as to how to catch these fussy bastards??? and what would be the most common fish in there???

cheers guys

SHANE

I have done costruction work near the cause way a little while back and in the early morning while waiting for the concrete truck to arrive on site i would walk to the top of the cause way looking at the tower in the water watching fish boof the surface eating the moths that were falling off the side of the tower. so there is some sort of fish life in there. I reckon it would make a great toga dam if some one were to stock it.

There are a few creeks in that area that have spangled perch. I have caught 4 perch when I was younger in 4 sessions.

One thing we found was one would always get caught in like 5 seconds. But then they would shut down.

Maybe being a smaller more alert population they get very spooked.

This analogy seems to fit well with what you experienced.

Angus

Archived