help required

Tiny Tin

Could someone please let me know what i do with the 'blog' section in 'my profile' section. I typed a post then saved it. what do i do with that now? i also tried out the 'write on the wall' but couldn't make an entry there? when i do post something i pick a topic and start a new thread..maybe this is why i get probs with the smilies..thanks :whistle:

The Write on Wall function is there for members to make comments on/about other members' profiles. It's not to make comments on your own profile.

The Blog section is for you to write a blog if you feel like it - a blog is something where you would write a piece on a topic of your choice - kind of like an editorial. It's not a forum function where you would ask a question.

The Blog piece you have written is a question that would be better posted in the Forum section. At the moment members would only see your question if they looked at your profile.

To start a thread in the forum, hover over the word "Forum" in the top bar menu. Then select either "All Categories" and then find the most appropriate place to start your thread. There are some of the more common categories listed under the "Forum" dropdown to shortcut this, but not all are lsted.

E.G. Your question would be best asked by going to the Forum>Fishing>Saltwater forum.

Hope that helps mate. It takes some getting used to at our age, but it gets easier with familiarity ;)

PS. To make the Smileys work properly you just need to put a space between them and the preceeding word (or smiley if you're doing more than one)

Archived