G'day new to the site.

safisherman

Hi Marius here was introduced to the site by Jamie(brisbanebound). I interested in doing a bit a of fishing for bass. And I would also like to know about hiring a boat in one of the dams eg. Wivenhoe.

Jamie mentioned a winter bass camp could you provide me some more details or where to look on this site.

Many thanks

Marius

G'day marius, welcome to the site, theres plenty of info on here for bass fishing just lookup the fresh water section on the website. alot of dams require you to a hold SIP to fish them which you can obtain on the Seq water website for a small fee which goes towards restocking the impoundments. as for boat hire im unsure of where you can get that as most are eletric or paddle powered watercraft only. as for the wintercamp if you go to the events section of the forum (just click on all catergories) you will find the wintercamp info there or you can look at the write up on the homepage.

good luck.

kriso

Thanks for the info. I am quite new to fishing and appreciate any information that I can get. I have looked at the Winter Camp it think it will be great but unfortunately I already have plans for the Saturday. I would consider coming through on the Sunday if that is an option. I spoke to Jamie earlier and he would is considering going to the camp but will probably only be able to make the Sunday as well.

I will be keeping an eye out for future day events in and around Brisbane. I am not particular to bass but living in the western suburbs of Brisbane I have been told bass is quite common in my area.

With regards to the boat hire I think a Kayak would be more than adequate I would just have to look at getting a set of roof racks to transport it.

Archived