daiwa sol

Hamster

hey everyone,

i have just become a member and was going to upgrade a reel on my 6-8kg outfit,just wondering would a daiwa sol 3000 be a wiser investment over a daiwa tierra 4000?

only fish around the bay twice a month. and am hoping to catch some mac's and threadfin.

my family and i head up north occasionally catching cod, trevally and barra.

what sort of line would be recommended for the sol?

cheers Hamster

The sol would be better. Have one myself, yet to really test it, but it takes plenty of 20lb fins. If you are going to be spinning for any of the fast movers in the bay, check out Shimano, they have a faster line retrieve and will move your metals, plastics, etc with more pace and less effort.

If your budget can handle it and you want to stick with Daiwa, the heartland series is a bit more polished and worth checking out.

I have tierras and sols and rate both - generally you pay for what you got. However you may have to replace the line roller bearing in the sol as it as a common fault - they become noisy after a while. There are 2 bearings available - the better one will probably last the life of the reel. I have had the line roller bearing go on my 2000 sol, but not my 2500 sol - under $10 to replace so not a big issue.

Archived