Kayak fishing around Scarborough or Redcliffe

BrisBassMan

Has anyone done any kayak fishing on the rockwall at the Redcliffe ferry Terminal and or rocky reefs out at scarborough at all. I was thinking of taking the yak out for a paddle and cast for bream at these places. Figure the bream would be holding and hanging out on the ledges and rocky places.

Cheers

G'day

Yes please.

Have had 2 trips around there. One at Queens Beach with a few fellas, same day catching some snapper.

2nd trip I tried Scarborough reef. Got some bream.

Have a look at AKFF. Some good reports and results from people there mate.

I wanna use this area as "training ground" for going offshore sometime....its pretty close to home for me too.

Lots of chunks of reef there...

Let me know if you keen sometime..

;)

Ho Fellers, I fished the legal side of Scotts Point yesterday at low tide and was reminded by a local that the kayakers we could see fishing south of the MNP would be liable for $500 on the spot fines if they caught by the fisheries cops. Worth bearing in mind ,unless of course you have plenty of the folding stuff. I caught a 42 lizard and a very nice bream which we will devour this evening. :cheer: Tight Lines Ian

I've only fished the redcliffe pier a couple of times for small baitstealing bream and stuff. More productive is 4-6 metres of water around the Scarborough reefs. I've caught big bream, snapper, cod and tuna there. The stealth of the kayak doesn't seem to spook the fish in the shallower water half as much as a boat.

Right from the beach, out to the shipping marker is rocky reefy ground werewolf. Most of my success there is trolling hardbody lures at a very slow pace in 6-8 metres of water. or drifting shallower areas bouncing plastics off the bottom

Archived