ill be there the 29th woohoo. what fish?

apoklyps60

so ill be there the 29th of june till the 19th of july. was wondering what kinda fish i may be able to target in tugun? also fishermans island (port of brisbane) and the spit? ill be bringing some 2inch grubs. some 4 inch shad plastics. some hard bodies. spoons in white and silver. and maybe fishing bait with my boys.

for around land based the tailor are the go this time of year or you call them blueys i think .bream whiting and flathead are worth the effort as well get yourself to a good local tackle shop down near tugun or there's 1 i know of near currumbin creek for good bait and the local knoledge . i up in bris vegas and if yuo venture up this way off the comslie jetty you can land threadfin salmon with some size about them and you'll find plenty of info on them if you search the site

hope this helps good luck apoklyps60

blueys? oh u mean blue fish? i wonder do u guys sell titanium leaders there? thats what they use here on the east coast for bluefish. they have a mean set of teeth. also i heard bluefish arent all that tasty. what about your mulloway jew? what type of lures do they strike? im bringin a 7'6 mh 10-20lb one piece setup. actually im having it sent there. is this good enough? its also sensitive enough that i could fish for bream if i wanted. fast action. 6.6oz rod. thank you for the info bro. and hopefully we catch something. my wifey is a catch n eat. and im a catch and "make sure shes not looking" release.

if you fish the tweed river remember to get a fishing licence, its close to tugan but its another state with different regulations, currumbin creek is close to tugan fish the mouth . there is heaps of places on the coast to fish for jewies and tailor land based ...

i was looking at currumbin but im also bringin my 2 boys is it a dangerous place to fish? as in slippery steep. boys will be boys and i know theyll be running around. what sorta lures should i bring or should i get a cast net and go get some livies first? thanx for the info bro.

regards.

vin

Archived