Not Quite Baxters Jetty, but close

Dibbs

Was sitting around the house bored crazy so decided to pack the car and head to Baxters Jetty for a bit of a sesh. Got there about 12:15pm to approx 10 people fishing from the jetty. Wasn't goona go shoulder to shoulder with everyone on there so walked down a bit towards the boat harbour.

First cast (using servo squid and prawn) my Mrs pulls in what looked like a baby whiting (approx 10cm). Few more of those each within about 15 mins, I decided to hook up a squidgy. Few casts out, not even an enquiry (probably my techniaue as I'm very inexperienced). Walked round to the rocks and jetty near the rescue place and 2nd cast hooked up a tiny little bream.... got him to the rocks and was just about to lift him out of the water when he spat it. Saved me having to un hook him myself, but that's my first ALMOST catch on a soft plastic and using gear that you just wouldn't normally use. Few more casts, and nothing.

Went back to the mrs who had caught a few more little whiting, but nothing decent. Moved all of our gear just next to the rescue jetty, but got nothing.... a few enquiries, but no hook ups.

Is it just me, or has it been very quiet on the bream and flatties scene lately? Is it just the time of year? Or have I watched too many videos and am now trying too hard? lol

i've had the same night dramas on plastics. best i have done is some yellowtail pike on a glow in the dark 3" wriggle tail. read an article recently that suggested the use of vibes and other noise making hardbodies. i think the author even suggested jackalls, but you won't see me casting $30 round rockwalls at night!

I have been having a good run over the last 2 weeks using StrikePro cyber vibes in the 3.5 & 4.5cm. The bream seem to love them, the only problem they seem to wake the cod up also and i have lost a few to cod in the last week while chasing bream on 2kg gear. The StrikePro vibes are about $10.00-$12.00 each

there are big flatties in there at the moment and saw a heap of decent bream with the spotty the other night over where the boats are tied up opposite the harbour, tried hardbodies? i think the corner about 5 or 6 trawlers up from the mouth there is a bit of a hole ( shh secret :woohoo: ) try in there, its about 100 meters toward the mouth from the co-op

Archived