Tallebudgera creek / mariner cove

Oztrav

SO this isnt really a fishing report more that i went fishing and made some clearwater observations. apologies in advance for punctuation.

So i was at the rock wall at the mouth of the tallebudgera creek ( cheers gus) so im there and im like jeez this water is clear compared to kooka park and other local haunts as other members can attest to. and I could see all these stripey fish bout 5cm long or so just cruising up and down the rocks so yep here i am

so I put on a 3 inch pumpkin seed gulp and think little fish here big fish further out on the retrieve it was amazing to watch these stripey aquarium fish savage my gulp and follow it around I just left it in the water about 30 cm from my feet and watched for awhile then I see a little undersize estuary cod come up and chomp it tail off then take off darn. So i thought maybe ill put a grub on make it a bit smaller nothing much at all other fish were coming up and looking at it but not striking. Played around then went home.

The next day took a tall ship cruise to south straddie at mariner cove where it is moored it amazing down the side of the boat would of been about 50 to 70 bream in the shade of the yacht. then the skipper throws in some bread and these bream are going nuts jumping out of the water made surface action a shame your not allowed to fish there.

Should hit it up at night by boat well that was my weekend and guess what i still didnt catch anything

someones gotta put me onto some fish this weekend is free any offers

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/02/11 19:12

Archived