kevins

Hi Guys

New to your site and fishing in general and have just built a 4.8mt centre console plate kit boat to try to catch a feed and have some fun in the bay , i will try to include some photos so let me know what you think of the boat

Cheers kev boat11_010_AFO.jpg

g'day mate..great looking boat. i followed your link to the website and found it very interesting. did you go on the boat building course or welding course they were running..if you did was it in brisbane? i've been intending on taking up a welding course as i seem to be doing (making a mess of) more welding for myself. just the other day the young fella said he's going to start rod building and i said why not build a boat..so i was pleased as that you posted this. well done anyway..must be very satisfying to build something and it turns out that good :)

Thanks for the comment mate i am a boilermaker by trade so the welding wasn't to hard and the kit comes with build drawings and a cd with step by step photos of what the boat should look like at each stage and the people down there were very helpfull if i had any problems overall it was not to hard to put togeather,i think they are just a melbourne based company and all the courses are held down there as far as welding courses up here i think your best bet is one of the TAFE colleges

Welcome :ta: to the best fishing site available... ;) my view anyway you can get an a#$se load of info from these guys and they are good guys to boot

I am a boliermaker myself and always wanted to build a platie did you build it at home or in a workshop Also if you don,t mind me asking what are there kits priced from? ;)

the kit cost $7800 delivered to a transport depo in brisbane and about another $200 to get it to my place in wynnum, the boat is 4mm plate and the floor is 3mm and includes everything you need except the centre console

Archived