\"in Chat\" but not in it.

Ash

hey Webmaster i have in chat next to my name but its been nearly 24 hrs since ive logging into chat. Ive tries logging out of brc and back in a few times to no avail.

Also the MSN always shows offline even if im on line.

Not a big deal just seeing if anything can be done.

cheers

Ash

yes, it doesnt seem to be working properly the little red writing on the left \"in chat\".

for the time being, when u leave the chat - do so by closing the chat box by the red square in the top right of the chat box (not Internet Explorer). I think that works.

And for the MSN, i think that shoud be working fine. Check you put in the correct MSN messenger email address in your profile. If it still isnt working let me know.:silly:

Here is how to permenantly fix your MSN problem ! :evil:

REMOVE THE SOD OF A THING!

navigate to C: \ WINDOWS \ inf (substituting the correct drive letter for your version of Windows) and open sysoc.inf (see the previous tip for more information about this file). You'll see a line that reads:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7

Change this to the following and Windows Messenger will appear in Add or Remove Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components, then , and you can remove it for good:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/06/22 19:24

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/06/22 19:25

Here is how to permenantly fix your MSN problem !

REMOVE THE SOD OF A THING!

navigate to C: WINDOWS inf (substituting the correct drive letter for your version of Windows) and open sysoc.inf (see the previous tip for more information about this file). You'll see a line that reads:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7

Change this to the following and Windows Messenger will appear in Add or Remove Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components, then , and you can remove it for good:

msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

Feral, you are correct, this is one way to remover the annoying Windows Messenger that comes with Microsoft Windows. However, if you are not already aware, MSN Messenger is different from Windows Messenger, and doesnt seem to be the problem in this case. I think the problem is to do with the Online Status Indicator service that works out if you are online or not. However i have found it to be very good so far, so if anyone is having a problem with it still let me know. cheers

Archived