afo kayak comp.

fergie

was a beautiful morning with the sun coming up B),perfect conditions for catching good fish,but that wasn't the case :(

but this 80cm lizard made up for the lack of quanity :laugh:

with only being on the water for less then an hour and with the first couple of casts,i got a hit,missed it the first time only to come back and smashed my blue pepper neon.

peeling line i knew i had something decent :woohoo:

couple of minutes later i seen her and she was a pearler,i was stoked :woohoo:

with a winning whiting at 32cm and a couple of undersize bream earlier in the day,the wind picked up,and the rest of the day produced nothing.

thanks angus and everyone who was out there

until next time :)

great flattie Ferg! winning two prize catergories is an automatic disqualification for the next event! ;)

Thanks to Angus for the organising and sausages.

Great to see some new faces at a AFO event as well as some veterans.

On a personal note big thanks to Shortie for the use of his great Hobie and to Tom for getting it up there for me,

I was lucky enough to land the biggest bream of the day (37cm and a PB for me :woohoo: ) drifting an unweighted yabbie amongst some oyster encrusted bridge pilons.

currumundi_004.jpg

Thought he had me done a couple of times but my 4lb braid and 8lb leader did the job. I was using a Mojiko reel that I won at the Maroon winter camp, so it was a "prize" capture in more ways than one.

Rocket

Archived