center consoles in the 5m range around 25-30k

iqarus

the old man's looking at a new boat, gotta be a center console, gotta be aluminium. not much preference on brands, doesnt like the new quintrexes.

we looked at the 5.0m bluefin ranger for $28k, he was rather impressed with that, although its sitting on an Oceanic trailer, never heard of them, any good ?

and whats the go with the newer outboards, i.e ETEC vs. honda 4stroke ?

going to be using it on SEQ freshwater, moreton bay and out wide chasing pelagics.

so yeah....suggestions ?

wot do you call "out wide" cos buy the time you have all the gear required, there won't be much room left, do you contemplate crossing a bar as such, south passage for example ?? a friend has a 4.75 trailcraft centre console, and to be honest, it's prob 1 of the best riggs i've fished out of, and we had to come across from moreton in that really crappy stuff the bay cam throw up from time to time and it handled it with ease, it surprised me just how good it was as some of the holes we fell into were big! his is an older model and to be honest i find the earlier ones to be set up much better than the current versions. some of the features as standard are

self draining floor

plate alloy

4mm hull and sides

rear access door

a real boarding ladder that works well

you set 1 of these rigs up and it will take you anywhere

robbo.

only thing i have found with it, but it was on the rough trip back from moreton, was it was a tad wet, and has no clears up front, but every other trip out in it has been fine.can even get you a ride if you like. and see how the smaller 1 goes, cos the bigger boatwould have to be better you would think.

thanks for the replies fellas,

never heard or seen an aquamaster or origin boat. would be a bloody hard sell to the old man :unsure:

took a while to convince him the newer quintrexes were no good, the buckled hull on a '09 470 legend from punching .8m swell at the local boat shop did though.

what's the quality like on the new allycraft and brooker's like ? they have models similar to the bluefin ranger 5.0 that look the goods.

definition of out wide for us is probably 10-15k's offshore, enough to get to the closer reefs anyhow.

iqarus wrote:

thanks for the replies fellas,

never heard or seen an aquamaster or origin boat. would be a bloody hard sell to the old man :unsure:

took a while to convince him the newer quintrexes were no good, the buckled hull on a '09 470 legend from punching .8m swell at the local boat shop did though.

what's the quality like on the new allycraft and brooker's like ? they have models similar to the bluefin ranger 5.0 that look the goods.

definition of out wide for us is probably 10-15k's offshore, enough to get to the closer reefs anyhow.

the origin boats are made and designed by the maker of -fisher plate ally boats -they are still under production ;) al

Archived