Shultz this morning!

Troy_79

Hey guys, This morning when i woke up and realised how unfit i have become in the past 4 weeks :laugh: Yesterday i climbed Mt Warning and yes it was one of the best things i've done although that final climb to the summit almost killed me :) but yeh i recomend doing it hey, it was very cool. Anyway yeh i woke up and couldnt walk my legs and butt muscles had seized up :ohmy: But despite this i managed to crawl out of bed into my car to meet my mate up at nudgee.

It was a perfect morning a little warm but the water was beautiful, we headed up towards shultz and put the pots in and then fished in eye sight of them as i dont leave my pots alone anymore as ive had a few stolen by some f ing bludgers before. The fishing was fun but everything we caught was small except the catties which put on a good fight, On our way back we pulled in the 1st pot and had a legal muddie and a very big jennie so we kept the legal one finally my 1st muddie in awhile and the 2nd had a very nice buck :woohoo: biggest ive got in awhile, the next 2 had 2 small bucks. So i was happy with that looking forward to dinner tonight.

cheers, troy

caught about 10 bream this size only 20cm 100_0748_AFO.jpg

post-618-144598514424_thumb.jpg

Shultz seems to be a bit of a problem spot for losing crab pots at the moment - I've had 3 pots knocked off in the last month. OTOH, I've also picked up 10 legal sand crabs and 2 muddies in the same period - and the pots are far from new - so they've paid out well since I bought them. Figure if people are poor enough to have to steal 3yo crab pots they must really be hard up!

On a different topic - there's a lot of squid in the area at the moment.

Went out from the front of Shultz on Sunday, about 1km off shore, and had a jig in the water while I fished for "real fish". Got 7 pencil squid about 300mm long, a bag full of whiting and a nice (45cm) lizard. Also seemed to be a plague of small silver catfish - I guess the fresh water has stirred them up. Lots of juvenile moses perch too.

baheath wrote:

Shultz seems to be a bit of a problem spot for losing crab pots at the moment - I've had 3 pots knocked off in the last month. OTOH,

I've been crabbing in heaps of waterways in SEQ, and the only place ive had pots stolen is the pine river :angry: The guy who used to run dohlas rocks boat hire had an idea who the colprits were and 1 day his pots were stolen and he went over to there house to pay them a visit and got his pots back. He wouldnt say what else he did :laugh:

Archived