make a glass eskie

mick fillet

tugger wrote:

love the lights in the lid will have to go down to bcf and have a look at them r they water proof when u do a slurry in the esky mick ?

mick fillet wrote:

IMGP1251_AFO.jpg

I fitted the lid with those eskie lights from BCF wow there awsome and turn off automaticly after about 15 secs

yeah mark they seem to be good so far the oldest one would be a year old now. I have them in nearly all my eskies and on the deck hatches and cabin hatches in the boat too

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to make another one of these keeps ice for 3 day.on the 4 day still had left ova beer cans still cold in the slurry :laugh: Haha nice.

might make this next one a camping one with a freezer section at one end for the dry ice and meat and make the other end for just ice and beer B) .

Hey Mick is this the type of welder you used for the two tubs in the esky

[ebay]330412209637[/ebay]

this is the link atleast

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Plastic-Welder-For-Damaged-Canoe-Kayak-Water-Tank-Car_W0QQitemZ330412209637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4cee1a35e5#ht_652wt_958

Love the esky you did a great job!! now its got me thinking of doing one myself instead of using an old mini bar fridge, one question though how did you hinge the lid on? and love the pics will be using as my basis and plans, ohh and how do you get a good seal with the lid etc.. did you use a fridge seal or somthing similar :cheer:

smiderman-yep that looks like a hot air plastic welder will do the job fine.

angrybundybear-I hinged the lid with hinges from BCF there evercool brand and there replacement hinges for evercool eskies. The lid is sealed with sticky back high density foam and the foam is stuck on the under side of the lid.

mick

Archived