Price Check For Alli Work On Boat

Stinger

It might help to think of it this way it's abot $80 an hour to cover the cost of the worker for the company + a little bit of profit. Then the costof material + 10% gst.

See how many hours he quoted you to do the job. Think to yourself if it seems reasonable. And also is the quality there in the craftsmanship

Daniel_F wrote:

Half a days work lol. Seriously if you had the proper equipment and material it would probably take less then half an hour then maybe anothere 20 minutes to clean it up.Definatly get a quote from somewere else $500 is way too expensive.

no you are wrong. half a day is correct to do bow mount pad, mod the bow rail and repair the holes..

reason i know, i do this work to feed the wife and kids. oh and the dog, birds and fish :woohoo: lol, anyway like i said in my previous post about the price, this is what i charge! ;) cheers shano.

p.s have just finished johno's boat ("scope" on the forum) picked it up this morning.

here is an example

IMG_6625.jpg

Hi guys, can definitely recommend Shane's (shane0o7) work. Did a bang up job on my leccy, boat was back to me in a day and even went the extra mile and strengthened the anchor well where whoever put it in had butchered it. Got the boat back and didn't have to do anything, bolts all tapped in and mounting bracket fitted.

All this after squeezing it in in a days notice so I could have it for the MBC this weekend.

Here are the pics, (Shane probably has some better ones)

Work_Pictures_559_AFO.jpg

not doubting the craftsmanship looks like a job well done.If that has taken you half a day then you must work in a pretty cruisy area as i know that it wouldnt take that long if someone at my work done this oh and i also do this kind of work to feed my wife and kids i dont have a dog or bird though.

As long as he is happy thats all that matters

Daniel_F wrote:

not doubting the craftsmanship looks like a job well done.If that has taken you half a day then you must work in a pretty cruisy area as i know that it wouldnt take that long if someone at my work done this oh and i also do this kind of work to feed my wife and kids i dont have a dog or bird though.

As long as he is happy thats all that matters

you serious?????????????

well you better start quoting then , yeah its pretty cruisy when ya work for yaself but anyway.

not as easy as making a pad and slapping it on.

like to see it done in under a hour.;)

G'day, I have all my welding certificates, bar high pressure gas,& allow. But depending on the work that needs to be done on the hull, I couldn't match that at home.Let alone from a business.I now work in the construction industry,so I am unable to help...Sorry...But everyone needs a dollar. No offence, see how ya go shopping around. Give us a PM if you have no luck, I will try & put u on the right track...magiva....................

4 hours seems to be fine for all that work and materials,if I was to do that job at my factory there is no way it would take 4 hours!I would charge 4 hours but it would cost me 20 hours by the time all the guys were to stand around observing a boat having some work done to it.

seriously compare this to other trades how much does a mechanic charge to service a motor,plumbers & electricians,transport charge call outs.no disrespect for any of these trades but we all accept that this is what it is,but when it comes to the fabricator most people don't understand how much time or what is involved in manufacturing what appears to be a bit of aluminium welded to a boat to hold a motor.

keep up the good work shano looks like you do some nice work.

cheers shubeej

ditto shubeej, cheers for the kind words, have been doing this for a long time now, i did all of westside marines work before they unfortunatly went under like many boats yards are at the moment! a bit of a shame really! anyway enough from me, pm me people if you need something done. cheers shano.

Archived