New to Aussie fishing

Hi i'm kev,

i joined up a while ago but since moved house and haven't had the internet for quite a while so haven't been able to look at the site too much and never got around to introducing myself.

I'm a pom but been over here for 5 years now only just discovered fishing again at the end of last year. Used to do a little bit of coarse fishing back in the uk, but have now discovered the delights of fishing here in qld.

Before i came here i had never really fished with lure or heard about soft plastics, i started my fishing here in North pine dam and lake kurwongbah, taking my first ever Bass out of the lilly pads on a spinnerbait and instantly fell in love with lure fishing.

tried out the soft plastics several times but due to lack of experience and confidence didn't really take to them until i recently moved up to bald hills. With Deep water bend on my doorstep i took the kids up there for a couple of hours and thought i'd give the packet of gulp sardines i had another try, second cast i caught my biggest ever bream 34cm (only my 3rd ever bream). looks like i'm hooked on the plastics too now!

i am a land based angler (can't afford a boat) and have been exploring around the pine rivers trying to find some good spots to fish. there seems to be a few but obviously theres quite a few fisherman who already discovered these spots and can be difficult to get space at the weekends.

if anyone has any tips for a newbie they'd be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

kev

welcome to AFO.

Best advice on catching local speciesis: Read the forums and reports, lotsa guys give away great spots and the techniques used.

Regarding plastic fishing, its all about watching, listening and plenty of practising.

Good luck

Richard.

Archived