a fish sunday

Davo_Dinkum

well haven't been able to get out this week to fish ,grand son being born and all the stuff time and $ that goes with that ,fun fun .

didn't really fish last week cause i was sick ,so i'm pretty much well again .

Saturday i got a full on day kids things and a wedding ,so i reckon Sunday looks like a nice day .

so i reckon i will take the canoe of for a river bash ,probably boggy or tinny creek.

cpl of reasons for taking the canoe .

i haven't used it for a while and i can use the Mazda to move it .cheap on fuel compared to the cruiser.

i got the new prop for the electric ,so will be nice to run it and troll around in stealth mode ,nice and quite .

reckon i try and do some trolling with HB'S and SP'S for some flathead.

have been pretty much just doing the bait thing last few months ,so time to try with lures .

not sure if any of the kids or anyone is coming along ,so mite have a spare seat .

will post saterday as i should know by then.

well i reckon a sunday fish is a no go .

will be running nan about since grand son back up the hospital .

1 night home ,they did there check today ,he is a bit juadic .nothing major .but back to the hospital for a bit .

ah the fun of having baby's .

been through all this many times ,but for new mums its a freak out and there need there mum.

Good luck with the grand kids, mate.

Just a question with the canoe... Whats your stability like? I've used my canoe a whole 2 times and it's proved to be quite prone to tipping over (luckily both times I had no fishing gear in there.) Maybe one day I'll get around to using it before the beer fairies call, that might be my answer.

But I was just curious as to how you've found a canoe for fishing.

Damien2Rad wrote:

Good luck with the grand kids, mate.

Just a question with the canoe... Whats your stability like? I've used my canoe a whole 2 times and it's proved to be quite prone to tipping over (luckily both times I had no fishing gear in there.) Maybe one day I'll get around to using it before the beer fairies call, that might be my answer.

But I was just curious as to how you've found a canoe for fishing.

my canoe good ,it has a out rigger on 1 side makes it very stable .

the out rigger makes it stable enough i can stand and cast net out of the canoe .

haven't flipped it so far.

i have pushed the limits a few time with no outrigger on .

i been fishing collages/ up the river with the electric on ,i almost flipped it when i hit some rocks full speed .i found as long as i kept me ass on the floor it was good .

we played around the dam with out the out rigger on ,just hooning about .

had the 3.5 outboard on ,it was very unstable with 2 people and the outboard on .

quite scary but fun .

paddled around a few time on rivers no out rigger ,its quite stable.

just me and a few items of fishing gear ,no beers .

Archived