Wello yak session tomorrow anyone?

robtarr

Will head out from Wello for an early session in the yak Sat morning if anyone else is thinking the same - would be great to meet some other AFO yakkers. Could be talked into a launch from luggage point chasing flatties, jew and anything else that eats plastic down the mouth of the Bris River if that suits better.

Hope you guys have more luck then I did yesterday. Caught a fish a cast but they were all 25-33cm. The wind made it hard, I really need to save up to get a Hobie, its hard going in my little voyager when the wind and swell gets up.

May try one afternoon next week if anyone is keen. Thinking Moday or Tuesday

I was out there this afternoon and conditions were a bit poo. Landed a few undersize squire and a dolphin come right up to the yak wanting a pike while I was de-hooking it. I had memories of Rocket being mauled by one :laugh: but survived the encounter.

Keen-as-fisho has suggested Raby Bay to avoid the forecasted wind tomorrow. We will be launching at 6am from the cleveland ramp chasing bream in the first set of canals.

Picked up a couple of flathead around legal and a couple of just undersize bream this morning from Raby Bay. Was a ouch choppy on the run back to the ramp. Surfed a few breakers :woohoo: made it back in one piece.

Have a day off Wednesday, as it is so might take the boat out and go a bit further out, I have a score to settle with a Kingy

Archived