Moving from Cairns to Bris

tiotony

Hi all,

myself and my Missus are avid fishos (from bluewater to sweetwater and everything inbetween!)looking at moving to Bris for me to take up a job offer, and came across this great website whilst researching the fishing options. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a suburb to live in Brisbane that is handy to a boat ramp and also a bit of good land based action? Brisbane river sounds good as it seems to hold a lot of inshore species we are familiar with; salmon/grunter/estuary cod etc. Although lately we have been putting our fishing time into reducing the population of the tilapia scourge in our local suburban creek- averaging around 8 tilapia for every one jungle perch- the JP's go back but the tilapia most certainly don't!

many thanks in advance,

Tony

Gday and welcome to AFO.

Where about would the job be. dont wants to suggest somewhere to far from work.

Bulima would probabally be a good suburb, you have river access and its not to far to the river mouth to head into the bay or outside.

Richard.

Many thanks for the quick responses guys, funny you should mention Bulimba, the job is just near the Gateway bridge at Murrarie so just down the road. Could devote ourselves to targeting those Brisbane river salmon I've been reading about on here.

Hi Tony and welcome, try to find somewhere that you dont have to travel too far on the gateway motorway as it will do your head in as at peak hour it is woefull. If you go to Bulimba you will have to cross the Gateway bridge every day which runs to about $30 bucks a week

• 1 month later...

Archived