i want to win fish of the month..

AlsHilux

i could do with a new reel, but all the competition fish seem to be really only accessible with a boat, and as much as I'd like to think the 'lux would float I'm not gonna risk it..

..if i say, skull dragged a sack full of canned tuna through the river on my boat rod, does that count as a catch?

Yeah that was raised when the comps first started, I think the answer was along the lines that they were doing it in conjunction with some fishing club, and had picked targets to widen the member base.

June the target fish is Bass, which is of course doable shore based. There is a fair chance the winning fish will be shore based from North Pine dam.

north pine damn ey... *writes that one down*

maybe it's just my choice of fishing spots but I never really seem to catch anything. I only really go to 3 spots, off the hornibrook bridge, deep water bend and the fig tree pocket boat ramp.

i'm going fishing tomorrow, anyone recommend any good spots where i might actually catch something? (hints on baits and rigs would be killer too) ...something within an hour drive of the cbd would be ideal.

cheers!

..man i should really lock up work and go home..

The fish for the second half of the year are pretty accessable. As Feral stated bass being for june is a good one. Works out nicely that thats when the AFO winter camp is on. However im sure if someone takes some serious time at NP, i agree, thats more than likely where the winning bass will come from.

Although there are the rumoured 60cm fish in Somerset :)

Angus

Archived