1st attempt at Brisbane river fish

kiara_poltegerist

Arrived in Bris about 2 days ago.. Had my first go at fishing the Brissie river- around St.Lucia and at the Toowong Boat Club jetties.

Not too bad, a smallish (15cm) cod, and numerous other small hits that didnt connect. I'm quite sure that there're bigger fish about, especially with the bait schools being smashed every now and then. The bottom is rather snaggy tho, lost 3 JDM lures today :S Nvm nvm.. perseverance lol.. Hope to be able to post the pix of a decent fish soon ;).. The wind tends to make things quite difficult tho, so I had to resort to using larger lures.

got busted of by quite a large fish - suspect it was a cod.

The fish generally seemed to prefer lures with highly reflective patterns- especially chrome and shiny gold.

Oztrav wrote:

head abit more towards breakfast creek off the rock walls should see you in with a few more how long you in oz for?

gonna be here a while, so yea, gonna get the most out of the fishing :D. hehe. Breakfast creek? Where's that? dreadfully sorry mate, I've been navigating by google earth images which are totally different from the terrain that I've been encountering along the river lol :P.

Sounds ok, i just had my first fish in brisbane yesterday at nudgee fished a little creek there got heaps of small bream and whiting on baits and got smashed by something decent on a soft plastic shad. Would be good to organise a lure spinning session with other people that are keen. Would like to try that spot more with lures looks like a good flattie haunt!!

Archived