Sat 17th Brisbane river and Boggy creek

hunter armytage

Just a quick report from the mouth and boggy creek from an early session Saturday morning

Caught a shovel nosed ray on live prawn, no photo attached as I wanted him out of the boat quicksmart as he was not a happy chappy, small tailor on live herring, photo attached

IMG00005_20100717_0832_AFO.jpg also caught my first fish on a blade while waiting for the livies to go off ,even it was just a a pike so not that impressive and no photo because its a pike but still a first for me . After getting busted off on something toothy enough to go through 40lb fluro and also running out of livies I decided to have a cast around boggy creek for a flatty with a little crank bait that is fast becomming my favourite lure

Caught this litlle fella and two other like him all went back in the water for another day

Also saw a couple of larger specimens 60-80cm as the water was very clear in the shallows but they shot off as I drifted near them.

Called it a day after that but will be heading back soon to try and pick up a decent sized flattie for the photo bucket

Cheers

Hooked on trout

Sorry mate I cant tell you which one it is, not because I want to keep it a secret but because I bought it with about 6 other diffrent lures a while ago at tackle warehouse, if it helps its about 50mm probably in the range of 12grams and pilchard colour ( shiny silver and blue)but it works a treat second cast out of the box it caught a 45cm flattie,and every time i cast it around boggy creek it works on the flatties( also the pike love it as well , not that that means much) I will try and remember to have a look at the lure tonight when i get home as I am sure the maker is written on the underside.

Cheers

Archived