Boating Weather

daveylad

theres been lots of talks about the weather and comparisons made between Seabreeze and Willy's and others, I personally like the Willys site I find it less detailed for a forecast which is days ahead, seabreeze I find is more detailed and I find is much more likely to be wrong.

To compare here is weekend weather which I hope is good for getting out

Willys' Sat Sund Mon

9am -8knots pm 9- 9knots 7- 4 knots

wind dir s-se s-sse sse-ese

swell 1.9- 1.7 1.7-1.6 1.5-1.5

Seabreeze sat Sund Mond

16- 15knotspm 12- 13 knots 9-12 knots

wind dir ese-ese ESE-ESE ESE-ESE

SWELL 2.0-1.9 1.8-1.6 1.6-1.6

Hopefully Monday looks good as far as Willy's is concerned :silly: Intersting to find out which others make up there mind on I lok at all of them but find they all vary widely last Monday was one day when seabreeze forecasted winds much heavier than they were up here for the sunny coast willys was almost spot on.

they were all wrong this sunday morning when we went out at mooloolaba. we were out for about an hour until dad was too crook to continue and my better half was a little to scared to stay out, so we had fun trying to catch fish in the river with our offshore gear. pretty unsuccessful.

keep in mind none of us checked the forcasts since saturday morning so didn't know if they'd changed from the 1m seas and under 10 knot winds. seemed to be at least 1.5m and 20 knots.

anyway... i tend to use willys more than seabreeze, might just be the optimist in me.

I check both Willy and seabreeze days out but don't take too much notice. I usually start planning 3 days out and pay more attention to BOM. I've got the wind guru app on my iphone which is pretty accurate also and then I check all 4 the day before to work out an average :laugh:

sounds about right. was beautiful up the river once we came in, tried bli bli bridge and old oyster lease, cod hole, then over to goat island for nothing, but we were all on 6-10kg or heavier rods and couldn't really feel the bites.

looking forward to heading out up there next time the weather plays nice on a weekend.

Archived