Sandpumpin' jetty

Fishguts

Probably about 4 bucks to get onto the bridge now. It doesn't close but the guy at they booth goes home which means you'll get onto the bridge for free but pay later in the morning if someone comes. Haven't fished there in years since I was a kid but I had a few awesome tailor sessions on there.. Crazy good, run out of bait stuff

This is a great spot for sharking, when the crowds are down. My biggest sharks have come of that jetty, biggest being a 2m bully and many, many unstopables. It is also good for jew, my biggest was 6.5kg and the biggest I've seen landed/ lifted was 13kg, 1.2m. When the livies are around, (but rarely due to our foreign friends and there fish cakes) the fish aren't far behind. From memory it was $3.50 to fish off.

I'm deffinetly keen to set that up B) The only thing is that it will have to be on a quiet night (all night) ie no events on like a long weekend esspecially or spit events cause it gets bloody crowded and not during the school holidays, same deal to f__ing crowded. Basically all I do is steel trace with 6/0 to 10/0 x 2 and heavy lead cause the current can be strong there and live baits, yellow tail, trevally and if the tailor are around. I don't like using dead baits cause the shovel nose are thick there, although they are great on the chew, we have caught them up to 3m in the past. The other option is off the beach at Narrow neck which is only 1km south from the jetty.

• 3 years later...

Archived