Gold Coast on Friday.

preso

First one so be kind. Went out to the 24s through the seaway on Friday morning. Got a couple of livies then a quick trip out with flat seas. We found a bit of bait, lost one live bait to something I couldn't stop on 60lb.

Things were looking grim. My mate(fairly new to fishing) has been wanting to catch a tuna, so we thought we'd have a go just off the beach. On the way in I thought I would have a look at some marks I'd plotted on previuos trips. Not alot showing, and bait being spectacularly unsuccessfull so far I thought I would try those plastic thingies.

We pulled 5 squire about 60cm, a couple of trag, some pearlies and of course some rubbish fish. Not bad for a small lump in the middle of nowhere.

Time was getting on so we headed in, a quick flick in the seaway,2 nice 60cm flathead, then home.

All fish caught on plastics. Not a bad effort for a couple of novices I reckon. Sorry no pics. I did take the video but the action was a bit hectic, and all we filmed was the back of my mates legs(no one wants to see that).

Cheers Preso.

Archived