You like basa round eye?

fishingnut

Find it pretty funny that people eat that crap but turn there nose up at eating a catfish out of the Brisbane River.

Find it even funnier that people eat the imported prawns from SE Asian farms, far worse than the Basa loaded with a coctail of carcinogenic antibiotics/antifungals, degraded organoclorides and fed literally on sewerage :sick:

It's pretty much due to the demand for a white fleshed fish that's available year round at a cheap price that won't fluctuate too much. It's obvious alot of people aren't willing to pay for quality seafood hence the widespread popularity of basa. I've worked in a fish and chip shop before and the amount of people whinging about the price of real barramundi and other decent fish is constant.

After a recent trip to Beijing, cooked right catfish is pretty good. It's just not very good to bake, pan fry, or crumb and deep fry which is unfortunately pretty much how 95% of people in Aus cook their fish.

We can't whine about commercial operators and trawlers etc and at the same time winge about this type of stuff.

The more government locks us out of our own waters the higher the local prices and costs of fishing generally. Add it up and similar stories to this bassa one will become all too common. Then it'll cost us more as the government takes our taxes and hands it over to "developing" countries to assist them to clean up their act (and buy the king some more gold :whistle: )

Another reason I am so hard-nose anti The Greens and all who support their philosophies.

I think ellicats just turning into a grumpy old man :pinch:

Another point to ponder- imagine thamount of god knows what goes into tinned foods from countries like that. Have a look at the fine print in the supermarkets on where stuff is actually "packaged"

• 3 weeks later...
We can't whine about commercial operators and trawlers etc and at the same time winge about this type of stuff.

The more government locks us out of our own waters the higher the local prices and costs of fishing generally. Add it up and similar stories to this bassa one will become all too common. Then it'll cost us more as the government takes our taxes and hands it over to "developing" countries to assist them to clean up their act (and buy the king some more gold :whistle: )

Another reason I am so hard-nose anti The Greens and all who support their philosophies.

I am just new here but excuse me I like the environment.

Mate you seem to think you got the lowdown on the hoedown, but a philosophy is just that, maybe you should look at reality?

I am a long time fisho and I have read a lot of your posts, I have one question for you and many.

Just because you drive a 4 by 4 nissal patrol with a boat on back and you turn up to the boat ramp on regular basis, spending a good whack of your pay on fishing,

Does this mean that you own the bay? Does it mean you have the right to something that is over a million years old?

As a voice for rec fisherman how often do you get out?

Many of your type shout down the poor man when he cries out about injustices of the government and liberal progress.

So take some of your own medicine and relise you are not the hub of the universe and never will be.

I think it would be better for you to stick to bean counting before you attempt to become a voice for the iggnorent.

That's not you is it Dan? :laugh:

Archived