Being lazy NEVER pays off

Fishguts

Today was a shocking day for fishing in my part of town,wild wind,on and off rain,an all round no go.So by the end of the day i'd had enough and decide to go anyway.I had a few spare eels to use and decided to check out a new spot ive been meaning to chase some big sharks at.I finally got there by about 4pm,unloaded the kayak and was taking baits by 4.30.Seeing i was just kind of "testing the waters" i didnt really care to put as much effort into my bait presentation,my theory was that if i got hits then i could come back and do it properly and better prepared.Anywho,the tide was roaring and the flex in the lines was reaching a dangerous level so i was giving it a few more minutes until i released some line to ease tension when all of a sudden the rod snapped back,i immediately knoew my sandbag was detached,then sure enough the rod tip eased slowly forward and it then released slowly back with no run whatsoever..i was convinced i had been sharked but couldnt understand how? after a while the bait (what was left of it) was swinging to the side so i brought it in only to find a mangled mess of cable and eel...By the looks of my bait im guessing what happened was the shark hit it and must have bumped the hooked upwards to be able to take the half end of it,maybe a fast approach? i dnt know.All i know is everytime i do these things i make bait presentation a number one priority and today i got lazy and didnt follow my own rule.I didnt bother ziptieing the hooks in place to keep it solid and instead,after a solid hit,the trace slipped straight out..Ive only got myself to blame but what a disappoint,but they havent seen the last of me yet coz ill be back and ensuring there will be no escape

post-8439-144598550565_thumb.jpg

:P

Archived