Boggy creek where to fish

The Mad Hughesy

if I`m fishing in that area of brizvegas,land based,i prefer to fish around the Pinkenba boat ramp area(off Tingira St.),left of the ramp area on the sand and along the rock wall either side of the ramp.

Flathead and estuary cod seem to like the area also.Bream and summer whiting will put in an appearance.

The later half of in coming tides and quiet boat ramp activity times,of a day time,helps here.

Night times,if you can pick the quiet times of ramp activity and also,not have drongo`s come down flashing lights on the water,can be productive

• 2 weeks later...

Boggy creek would have to be one of brissy rivers best bull shark spots. Caught some really big guys (river standard) at the mouth close to the pipe where lots of bait hangs out. I've also seen these odd lures used up there which do alright from time to time, but I've never seen the bloke on the shore with a rod, he must hide, you might have seen them... they are long a few meters, they have all manner of stuff hanging off them and what looks like a bloke paddeling sitting on top, although it couldnt be, who on earth would paddle the equivelent of a plastic matchstick around in water where people consistently see or catch bull sharks in excess of 2 meters long?;) ;) ;)

Archived