Air bed

robin

I 2nd a self inflating mattress. My brother has one down in sydney and goes camping every few months. Has lasted him around 4 years also. I use it a few times a year when Im visiting him and its very comfortable. Also silent compared to airbeds for those sleepers that are abit fidgety.

Save yourself the grief of being 'let down' with airbeds. I bought one of these

/>http://us.oztent.com/products/viewProduct.asp?productid=297

and put a self inflating mattress on top if in a tent, or just unroll my swag on it if outdoors.

Combined with a comfy pillow from home and you will have the best nights sleep up out of the mud or sand or whatever you are sleeping on.

If it has to feel like you are sleeping on a bed at home, then stay home....LOL

Only kidding, but there are some you beaut expanding beds now which are basically a combination of stretcher, air bed, self inflating matress. Only deal is you need a truck to carry them around!

/>http://www.oztrail.com.au/WebPage.gtl?product=FBI-AQB-A?currentgroup=ZZZ007?currentsubgroup=ANYWHERE

Sounds great, I will check it out, the self inflatable mattress, would it be like sleeping on a bed at home (I have a fussy wife heheh, me personaly i could sleep on the ground and would not bother me)

having had camping experiences with a couple of ex`s,I would suggest you borrow something for your planned camping trip,if your lady doesn`t enjoy the camping experience,you`ll only need to buy a single mattress next camping trip. :pinch: that works out OK too,then you only have to pack for one = more space = more drinkees and fishing gear :lol:

Since I started always using a under sheet of heavy poly tarp under my airbeds I have had no problems with leaks.The usual cause of a leak is a small stone under the mattress.

Check out a self inflating mattress before you buy one I find them too hard for my old bones.

Also if you buy a large camp stretcher make ncertain that you can buy a mattress to suit.

I got a couple of large camp stretchers from Anaconda and then found that you cannot get a mattress to suit.

Cheers

Ray

Since I started always using a under sheet of heavy poly tarp under my airbeds I have had no problems with leaks.The usual cause of a leak is a small stone under the mattress.

Check out a self inflating mattress before you buy one I find them too hard for my old bones.

Also if you buy a large camp stretcher make ncertain that you can buy a mattress to suit.

I got a couple of large camp stretchers from Anaconda and then found that you cannot get a mattress to suit.

Cheers

Ray

for many years I`ve used those rubberised interlocking mats(they come in packs of 4) to cover the complete inside of the tent floor,also helps protect the tents floor when storing gear inside out of sight,when camping.

Archived