2006 minn kota 55lb RT/AP

craige1983

2001 through to 2006 are basically the same motor and are co-pilot compatible but are not compatible for the I-Pilot.

The Co-Pilot system is no longer available in white for the Riptide motors, but the black version for freshwater is otherwise identical. You will need product code number 1866100.

You can actually fit the I-Pilot to those older motors after you replace your main board with the Powerdrive V2 main board which costs around $170 plus the I-Pilot cost.

Its a 10 minute conversion but you need to do that to get the round plug for the I-Pilot

Thats ok Ray.

All of the co-pilot models are exactly the same unit inside but they have the different plugs.

The shops wont tell you about upgrading the Main Boards in them because as I found out all they want is to sell you a new motor that is I-Pilot compatible.

Both the older Powerdrive and the newer Powerdrive V2 motors are virtually the same with the main difference being the plug shapes.

Its the Terrova models that any significant changes were made to their lineup and those parts are not interchangeable.

I am in the middle of fitting a V2 co-pilot and Wireless foot pedal to my older motor.

All I need to do is get a round plug to fit into a square hole.lol

I have used the square plug off my old foot pedal and round plug from a V2 model and made a small cable to plug into the V2 co-pilot and old style square plug from my main board.

Making this cable saved me buying the V2 main board.

2001 through to 2006 are basically the same motor and are co-pilot compatible but are not compatible for the I-Pilot.

The Co-Pilot system is no longer available in white for the Riptide motors, but the black version for freshwater is otherwise identical. You will need product code number 1866100.

You can actually fit the I-Pilot to those older motors after you replace your main board with the Powerdrive V2 main board which costs around $170 plus the I-Pilot cost.

Its a 10 minute conversion but you need to do that to get the round plug for the I-Pilot

[ebay]120654747417[/ebay]

Is this the one required.

I was looking on ebay and see that you can get an extension lead with the older flat plugs but couldnt see any with the round plugs.

Cheers

Ray

Archived