What knots do you use?

Okuma82

i use a few different knots for different things, these pretty much cover it. some only work in monno

bimmini twist,spider hitch, 6 turn surgeons knot, catspaw, locked and clenched half blood knot, blood dropper loop, tony jones knot, perfection loop, rapalla loop, tricky snell, improved allbright special.

snell-multiple suicide hooks must have the bent eye. good for strip mullet

rapala- lures

improved clinch(thats what i call it) or a polamar knot -for big singles float lining. the knot is slightly bigger than a blood knot in diameter and prevents the hole of the sinker going over the knot jaming up hard against the eye of the hook alowing the sinker to slide along the main line away from the bait.

albright or a double blood knot -joining light line and leader

twisted dropper loop -paternoster and the knot for the lead is a a single loop knot extremly week. so if the lead snags the single loop knot will break and ya get ya hooks back and its much quicker to do a single loop knot and go again

I mostly use braid and leader for estuary fishing, with an albright for the braid-to-leader connection and either a loop knot for lures or a uni/blood knot for hooks/swivels/etc. I also like using a snelled knot on my hooks if I have the time as I think it gives a much cleaner smoother connection for a better presentation. None of these knots have failed me yet and they are all simple... which is good because I get frustrated by fidly things lol! I always break my line before the knots give way.

• 4 weeks later...

jigging i use an AG knot its 100% knot also match that with a mid knot (almost the same knot as plastic fantastic without the PR bobin) very good knot aswell although it does take some time to tie it is very slim.

Metal slugs i like to use a twisted leader with a bimini very slim knot and quite strong.

Estuary fishing i simply use an albright it might not be as strong as the others but with the amount of drag coming from the reel ive never been worried about it and has never let go for me.

flesh bait i always use a set of snelled hooks but i prefer the silly snelly as it is easier to tie then the normal snell

Archived