i found a great filleting set

binzzy

i don't usually go to anaconda near me but i wandered in there the other day and saw they were selling a mojiko filleting set worth 40bucks for 17. its got 2 different sized filleting blades a chopping board a serrated blade scissors blade-sharpener scales compass and gloves and comes in a plastic case. i thought it was really amazing wen i saw it its a shame i haven't had a chance to use it yet but i think it'd make a great beginners set and for for 17bucks Ur laughing. anyway just thoguht id share ho[efully this is the right spot of this thing

Don't wash knives in the dishwasher.

Use the steel before use every time and you wont need to use any other sharpening tool more than maybe once every year or two.

It's not a bad price for what you get but in the long run the money would be better spent on a better quality single knife. Try to steer clear of Chinese stainless.

There was a time when you had to buy a good brand to get a good knife, but I have to wonder now. For the last few years I've been using a swedish Sandvik knife, and was reasonably happy with it. About a month ago I was walking along the river bank and found a filleting knife on the ground. It was branded Jarvis Walker Razor. I thought about dropping it back where it found it, but then decided the missus might be able to use it in the kitchen so it came home. I cleaned it up and put a new edge on it and got it sharp enough to shave a sleeping rat.

I've been using it ever since and it actually holds an edge better than the old Sandvik. I was in Big W this morning and there they were..... Jarvis Walker Razor set, 3 knives and a steel for $14. At that price it doesn't matter if you lose one on the river bank.....

There was a time when you had to buy a good brand to get a good knife, but I have to wonder now. For the last few years I've been using a swedish Sandvik knife, and was reasonably happy with it. About a month ago I was walking along the river bank and found a filleting knife on the ground. It was branded Jarvis Walker Razor. I thought about dropping it back where it found it, but then decided the missus might be able to use it in the kitchen so it came home. I cleaned it up and put a new edge on it and got it sharp enough to shave a sleeping rat.

I've been using it ever since and it actually holds an edge better than the old Sandvik. I was in Big W this morning and there they were..... Jarvis Walker Razor set, 3 knives and a steel for $14. At that price it doesn't matter if you lose one on the river bank.....

Maybe if Jarvis Walker included a compass with their knife kit like Mojiko do, the original owner would

know where he lost it! :silly: :lol:

Archived