DI for the weekend

Keen-as-fisho

My mate and I are heading up to Double Island Point for the weekend, leaving tomorrow just after sparrows fart. The weather is looking ordinary at this stage but generally speaking for us, this is when we get onto more fish off the beach. Permits have been taken care of but I've got to say when I herd the price of the vehicle permit I nearly fell over $25/weekly or $197/yearly to drive up the beach which is classed as a gusseted road, I can understand frasser or strady but not DI :angry: Rant over for now.

Plan is to launch the kayak on Rainbow side at the big sand hill and fish the point,swell pending then hit the gutters in the afternoon/ evenings chasing tailor, dart, bream, whitting and have a heavy setup for a shark.

Two questions, first up whats the current ferry price down at north shore for a fourby plus trailer? And second what are the current Rainbow beach conditions, can we drive from Leisha track to Rainbow Beach to the pub yet?

I was there about 3 weeks back but didnt go rainbow side. South of DI there were heaps of dart leading up to high tide. Caught one GT and a catfish aswell. Beach conditions were very good, some soft sand at high tide but if you travel on low it should be a highway

Archived