any new dangers in Pine river

Burko

I will put up a proper post later but the guys had a pretty hairy ride in the Yaks yesterday (upper reaches) due to loads of new freshwater coming down creating "rpaids" like conditions in a couple of places. Message is to be careful until it settles down again.

cleaned up a submerged tree the other night and put a decent dent in the side of the tinny. water visibilty is extremely low and being night time makes it no easier to see. so take it easy. also when i anchored up there was a heap of medium sized logs and branches floating past the boat that would do a bit of damage.

pat

The south pine is littered with submerged logs, i went up there about 2 weeks ago taking it very easy and every 50m or so was bumping logs. Not sure if they have cleaned it up yet but there was also a green beacon bent on a 90 degree angle that was submerged at high tide a couple of hundred meters upstream of the deep water bend boat ramp on the right hand bank travelling upstream which did all sorts of nasty things to my gearcase and prop.

Generally you should be fine sticking in the main channels, just take care and keep an eye out for floating logs and you should be fine.

Archived