Thanks to John from Austackle

crazywalrus

I took the boys out to check out below the NPD on Monday. It was like grand central there. Boy has it changed since I was there. When there John from Austackle paddled up with his daughter. Had a great chat with John and he gave me some great pointers about the area. Much appreciated. We got talking and John threw me a lure to give a try for the bass and a some braid as I was complaining about the Firewire I had. There braid looks really good. The 5lb Firewire I have is terrible. It is breaking in random places along the line which is not the experience I have had before with braid. Anyway the braid from Austackle looks really good It is really thin smooth and does not look like it is going to fray and weather like the other stuff I have bought like Fins and so on. Keen to get it spooled and give it a try but I reckon it will cast a mile. Cheers mate and thank you.

Have to agree mate.

I put the Austackle Takeda braid on my Twin Power 1000 for a test run and was very happy. Ill be getting some more on the 7th for my Stella.

I use some pretty high end braids for my reels at present (Frog PE, Bass Hard etc) but have found the Takeda completely comparible. Very thin, nice and supple what more can I say.

My only reauest for any future runs on Takeda would be some brighter colours (unless they exist I didnt see them... ). This is not purely for show, but when fishing pontoons which virtually no weight its great to see at what speed the braid is sinking and monitor therefore where your plastic is as well as to see an pick up in the slack which indicates a fish.

Angus

Good stuff mate, but more importantly ANY FISH??

I pulled a fair few out of there while they were letting water out but found it's been a bit quiet since

Good customer service from the austackle blokes i've found!

We did ok on Tuesday morning from the Jetty.We were using the gun lure that looked and tasted like a live shrimp. :blush:

Cheers

Ray

Have to agree mate.

I put the Austackle Takeda braid on my Twin Power 1000 for a test run and was very happy. Ill be getting some more on the 7th for my Stella.

I use some pretty high end braids for my reels at present (Frog PE, Bass Hard etc) but have found the Takeda completely comparible. Very thin, nice and supple what more can I say.

My only reauest for any future runs on Takeda would be some brighter colours (unless they exist I didnt see them... ). This is not purely for show, but when fishing pontoons which virtually no weight its great to see at what speed the braid is sinking and monitor therefore where your plastic is as well as to see an pick up in the slack which indicates a fish.

Angus

Angus

The braid is available in 4lb and 6lb and a few other sizes in fluro yellow - i dunno how you missed it! lol we made it that colour for exactly the reasons you stated.

Ted, you should have told John about all the gear you've lost lately - you never know he might have been super generous. :woohoo:

nah told orca about my tackle loss, made him decide not to give me gear :ohmy: :P

Jords

My heart bleeds for you. Because i am a soft touch you can be the first person to fish with our new 2 piece 1-3kg Fireblade. The pre-production samples arrived yesterday so you can have one of those. Mind you if you break it then i will set John on to you.

Ted, you should have told John about all the gear you've lost lately - you never know he might have been super generous. :woohoo:

nah told orca about my tackle loss, made him decide not to give me gear :ohmy: :P

Jords

My heart bleeds for you. Because i am a soft touch you can be the first person to fish with our new 2 piece 1-3kg Fireblade. The pre-production samples arrived yesterday so you can have one of those. Mind you if you break it then i will set John on to you.

:o you are amazing. I'm planning on coming down to one of the days in may to splash a bit more on lures and maybe pick up some braid (if there is any left!)

Jords

Doh. Shoulda told him about my lost rod and reel about 2 years ago, stuff Ted :lol::lol:

You're a champ Orca, I think Ted needs a pick-me-up after his recent bad luck.

Jords

Doh. Shoulda told him about my lost rod and reel about 2 years ago, stuff Ted :lol::lol:

You're a champ Orca, I think Ted needs a pick-me-up after his recent bad luck.

...and the broken rod tip @ dunwich :whistle:

good onya Orca :)

Archived