College Crossing - What Lure??

Jororo

I am heading up to College Crossing on Saturday morning for a fish and was hoping someone could tell me what lures work the best for the area and what lures work well for bass in general? It is my first bass fishing adventure so any tips would be great.

I would use hardbodies deep and mid divers @ poppers. I always like to use the Ecogear's @ Atomic's @ the MegaBass Baby Griffon Zero for top water ;):)

Thanks for all the advice.

I managed to get out for a fish as planned this morning and it was definitely worth while! I went to College Crossing first and trekked around throwing every lure in the book but to no avail. After 2 fruitless hours I decided I would go for a drive down to the water treatment plant and try my luck along that stretch of river. My first cast I get a hook up but unfortunately he snagged me up and I eventually had to break the line... As I progressed down the river I landed my first bass of the day a nice little 25cm which fought well above his weight :) another hour or so went by and I decided to try my favorite Sooty Grunter lure (a small deep diving mirco mullet in Pink and Silver) I had probably 4 casts and then bang!!!! :cheer: My second bass was on and a lot bigger this time, I played with him for about ten minutes and pound for pound I would have to say one of the best fighting fish I have caught. He measured in a 47cm, sorry about the poor photograph due to where I was standing he got crumbed in sand...

Archived