which one wello or mud

Zim man

hi all

i am taking a mates old man fishing next week. he is on holiday in oz and wants to go out. i am thinking either Mud or Wello for some snapper, maybe tailor as well. my question is...........which place would give him a greater chance of catching something, Mud island or off wello point. my basic plan is to fish the drop offs with soft plastics and also have a few poppers rigged for the tailor

I will be in my 4 metre tinny

What are good launching areas for thoseplaces and are also safe for the car.

thinking of going early next week

cheers

rob

Whyte island boat ramp near the port if heading to mud would be the best bet , Wello point ramp would be the easiest launch for fishing Huybers light , Green and Cleveland for peel etc .

Where you go will more likely be decided on the weather forcast .

Whyte island will be good if the winds are crappy as you can always fish the mouth of Brissy river and wharves etc .

Suss out near maps on the 20 july 2010 for a clear map of Wello drop offs below

Hope this helps

post-2518-144598615488_thumb.jpg

I'd say fishing mud will be a good one if the weather plays the game. The rockwall at the mouth is always a good place to go if mud fails.

Only just checked out the rockwall recently for the first time on the way back from Mud (one 43cm squire) and couldn't find water deeper than about 3m? Is there any deeper sections?

Got a couple of 44cm squire there on Monday - didn't see any tailor though.

I'd say fishing mud will be a good one if the weather plays the game. The rockwall at the mouth is always a good place to go if mud fails.

Only just checked out the rockwall recently for the first time on the way back from Mud (one 43cm squire) and couldn't find water deeper than about 3m? Is there any deeper sections?

There is a couple of 5m holes quite close to wall say 20mtr out

There is a couple of 5m holes quite close to wall say 20mtr out

Cheers Malcolm.

Archived