Fish Feeding on a Bait Ball

Orca

Those members who listened to Heath's talk on Saturday morning would remember Heath and myself talking about a great video that Heath has on his GCfishing.com website made of a bait ball being attacked just off Palm Beach. If you watch it carefully it will give you plenty of clues as to where to locate your bait when you find a bait ball.

The video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo1F5QCEGw

Enjoy

it's fish eat fish world down there but I think I would rather be the cobia then the bait fish.thanks for the video and the talks on saturday were very good

:P

That is some crazy footage, I thought the predators would be going way more nutso than that, but sure enough they are just cruising around, having the odd snack

it's fish eat fish world down there but I think I would rather be the cobia then the bait fish.thanks for the video and the talks on saturday were very good

:P

That is some crazy footage, I thought the predators would be going way more nutso than that, but sure enough they are just cruising around, having the odd snack

Yeah thats the whole point i was trying to make. I was very surprised how they just cruise around underneath. So the trick is to put your bait or lure 3-4 foot below the bait ball and hang on!

bottom left corner at the 57th sec mark, big shark??

wonder if the cameraman saw it??

as far as i know the video was shot using some new fangled thing on a pole so there wasnt actually a cameraman in the water

Cool vid, love how the predatory fish are just cruising below picking em off as the need arises lol

yeah its certainly not how I thought things happened down below until Heath first showed me thios video.

Since then we try to locate a bait ball then drop a livie about 4-6 feet below the ball. Seems to work well.

Have seen this on the plamy myself a few years ago was amazing how many cobia and mackerel were heading towards the bait ball then all we did was drift down on it with pilchards and could only stop the cobia up to 15kg the bigger ones got us back into the reef

Archived