2 stroke revs

Malcolm

My motor sits best on 4800rpm being a 40hp Mercury.

I thought with a 4 stroke the ideal range would be around 3600rpm.... but could be wrong :-)

You could be right I just go 5000 to 6000 because it's faster but maybee I'm flogging it and if I am well I'll let ya's know how it turn out.

I thought with a 4 stroke the ideal range would be around 3600rpm.... but could be wrong :-)

You could be right I just go 5000 to 6000 because it's faster but maybee I'm flogging it and if I am well I'll let ya's know how it turn out.

Yes my motor will scream at 6000rpm but then I throttle it back to about 4800 as it runs almost as fast on half the fuel.

Yes my motor will scream at 6000rpm but then I throttle it back to about 4800 as it runs almost as fast on half the fuel.

Yep mine loves 4800 also

oh I don't know fuel economy yet 50hp Honda pushing 4.5mtr glass half cab but it's stuff all about the same as my old 20hp Mariner

that thing would be slow as wouldn't it, would take a year to get on the plane.

nah not the fastest out there with 2 in the boat it's on the plane straight away a bit slower with 3

Mine sits really nice on 3200rpm, it is a 150 yamaha 2 stroke 2001 saltwater series, 21 inch prop. On a good flat day you can get her up to around 5500 with the trim set right, sits on 30 - 35 mph at 3200rmp, and you can open her up a bit on a good day and she sits real nice on 4000 - 4200 going around 50 mph, at those revs, I get around 2 - 3 kms/lt on those revs, depending how loaded up the boat is.

Mine sits really nice on 3200rpm, it is a 150 yamaha 2 stroke 2001 saltwater series, 21 inch prop. On a good flat day you can get her up to around 5500 with the trim set right, sits on 30 - 35 mph at 3200rmp, and you can open her up a bit on a good day and she sits real nice on 4000 - 4200 going around 50 mph, at those revs, I get around 2 - 3 kms/lt on those revs, depending how loaded up the boat is.

what is the rev range for that motor at wide open? 5500 must barely scrape in?? or is the optimum rev range at wide open a bit of a myth??

Yeah i see that;s way faster than mine mines 35mph flat nacker 6000rpm

The Force 2 stroke seems to like sitting on or around the 0rpm. Not sure if that will help you or not. :S

You need to start it up and take it out then

LOL

Cheers

I've thrown away the key.......

The Force has been giving me troubles since they hung it on the back of the boat after the trusty Merc bid it's final farewell. :(:(

what is the rev range for that motor at wide open? 5500 must barely scrape in?? or is the optimum rev range at wide open a bit of a myth??

I have hit it once on a really flat windless day with trim right up

Archived