Hinze Eastern Temp Ramp

smoked

Hi ppl, just wanted to know if anyone has towed their boat down the eastern temp ramp in a front wheel drive car? I was planning a session their soon and wasn't sure how my 2.2L 4cyl camery sedan (front wheel drive) would go towing my 13ft punt. Has anyone gone down there recently? What condition is the dirt track is like? Any info would be very much appreciated.

Smoked

As long as it hasnt rained in prev few days. It gets a bit greasy and you will have problems with trackson. Been over a month since I was there last and it had just been graded.

I was in 2wd hilux and no problems.

When you pull boat out stop on the concrete and tie it down etc and take off on concrete to avoid wheel spin in gravell also when reversing to launch boat use handbrake to slow down rather than footbrake as the front wheels lock up and you lose steering.

If in doubt use western arm temp ramp you will have no problems there.

Cheers

Ray

I was there last week, the conc's under water, there is quite a deep rut at the bottom of the track, but I saw 2 other blokes in a corolla pull a 12 footer out no probs. But keep a good look out for that rut, we dropped in it taking the boat out.

I was there last week, the conc's under water, there is quite a deep rut at the bottom of the track, but I saw 2 other blokes in a corolla pull a 12 footer out no probs. But keep a good look out for that rut, we dropped in it taking the boat out.

They must be starting to leave dam fill to new level but nothing on their website bas it states 100% and spilling.

Hinze Dam 161,073 161,073 100.0 19/05/2011 07:00AM Dam is spilling

It would be worthwhile giving the Alliance a ring in the morning for an update.

1800 993 413

Cheers

Ray

thanks for the tips guys, fished hinze this morning. took it easy with car and boat and didnt have a drama at all. did quite well this morning landing 25 bass and 6-7 dropped fished. they were hitting all baits thrown at em. plastics, cranks, spinners and jerkbaits. biggest fish went 47cm. the new cant be too far away now can it??

Archived