Has anyone fished the Coomera lately?

Howie

Hay guys heading out on wed arvo for a quick flick. Has anyone fished the Coomera lately or heard any reports about it?

Howie

Mate was out a few days ago and caught 10 Flathead @ 1 Bream....Not much size in them, ended up keeping 2 Flathead around the 45 mark. Was useing SP most the day and caught them on the out going tide. I'm going out Wednesday for another fish with a few AFO members,around Coomera :)

I fished it friday, saturday and sunday.

Donuts all round...

Was real shut down where I fish, heaps of bait but lack of predators.

I was using lures, you will still go alright soaking a bait I bet.

On that note, I might head to the broadwater instead :pinch:

hmmm not sounding to good atm :S

Might have a change of plan yet. I'll be using SP's and HB's as well. Test out the new watersnake more then anything. Might evev have a go at the pontoons in the canals near the M1?

Shaun

Never know I guess, I fished my old faithfuls and did no good, tried new spots still no good.

Maybe I am just a crap fisho... You might go out and brain them... I think the cold snap in the last few weeks has killed off the summer species for good now and might be a little until the cold weather species really fire up there.

It can be like that at times. I've mostly fished it right up near the overflow land based with varying luck. The only time I've taken my boat down there it was a busy saturday and every jet ski and wake boarder was on the water i reckon ><

But this cold weather will play a big part, some fish move to the deeper holes to spawn where as some will be in the warmer shallower water hopefully feeding :)

Shaun

we're heading down near sanctuary cove tonight for a lb bait/livey session. will let you know how we go tomorrow mate, last week we had a crab on every single bait within 5 minutes. Upside is I took a couple of big bucks home for a feed :cheer:

Coomera is chockas full of crabs still, got 4 keepers last night...all pulled up on the rod then scooped with the landing net. One 60cm catfish and one small bream. Got busted off twice on livies, whatever it was wore through 25lb mono trace about 25cm up from the hook.... :(

Archived