New to the area

MeadyA7X

Hey guys, heading over to queensland to stay with my dad in a suburb just north of Logan City. Did a lot of fishing when i came over a few years ago, but that was shore fishing in Adelaide, and just wondering what i'd likely be fishing for this time of year around the area. We've got a small boat, and live just by a river, the logan river i think, so we'll obviously be fishing that, but most likely heading out for a bit of sea fishing.

Just would like to know what i should be expecting! :)

Welcome to the site mate. Prime spot to be living, as the Coomera, Wello point, and the Goldie are all pretty close to you. Have a bit of a look through the forum using search, there are a great deal of spots mentioned.

Good luck, and look forward to reading some reports.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Yeah, does seem like a nice little place, absolutely cannot wait, just got the gear out of the shed to see if i can still make a rig of any sort, haha.

Cheers man, had a little look around the site, not really sure how i missed the general area bit.

Meady

u can target the pin area for flattys whiting bream and he like and in summer bull sharks in the logan also there is moreton bay and there is plenty of tailor and snaps around also there is plenty of carp in scrubby creek.

btw welcome to the site its a wealth of information

hey ross, where can i find this scrubby creek for the carp ?

hey mate and welcome to the site. As people have said you are in a good spot. there is some good fishing in the logan once you work it out. The Bay is just a short run a away. I would launch the boat at Redland Bay or Victoria Point if it is a small boat as the more northern Ramps can be a bit hard to get back to if it blows up. Keep an eye on the predictions and watch the horizon for storms and make your call early to return to the ramp.

There are some very productive spots in the southern bay for everything from Flathead, Whiting, Bream, Tailor, and Small Squire (snapper). My first runs our to the bay would be around Coochiemudlo island or Macleay Island as it is more sheltered and easy to get back to the ramp. I have a 4.1m boat and I can get all over the bay on a good day but still launch from Viccy point for safety.

Welcome and look forward to some posts. Ted

Archived