Evinrude ETEC 90 Spark Plugs and fuel

RooAvery

Hi,

long time lurker needs a bit of advice. I have a Evinrude ETEC 90. I think it is 2005, might be 2006 and it needs fixing. When running I only get approx 2500rpm and I can smell fuel. It will run, but woefully. Now my first thought is spark plugs and as I have had the motor for about a year now its probably a good idea to get them changed anyway. It turns out Evinrude spark plugs are not the most straight forward to change, check out YouTube if you don't already know why, so its off to somebody to do it for me. I have a mate who is a boat mechanic who will service the motor but even he says get the spark plugs done first and he will look at it if this doesn't help.

So question 1, who in the Wakerley / Manly / Wynnum area do you recommend, I don't mind travelling but would rather avoid going to the Gold Coast ;-).

Question 2 is, I havent used the boat since the problem began, probably about 4 to 6 weeks ago, and its got approx 3/4 a tank of fuel in it. Is this fuel dead to me now, or can I add something to revive or protect the fuel until I get it fixed and use it up?

Thanks again.

add some moreys fuel.stabizler to your fuel..i put it in my tank and didnt use the boat for 4 months

and the motor still ran smooth and i got the same revs out of it when i went out next time.. but mine is a suzuki 4/ :cheer:

do not do this with an etec

empty the tank use it in you lawnmower and buy fresh fuel

Archived