Dead river.

Keith

Had my first trip up the Pine for many months today.Was planning on getting a few livies and drowning them around the highway bridge.Trouble is i couldn't find any.Last time i was there i stepped of the kayak,threw the cast net twice and had that much bait i threw half back.Is it the colder weather or just one of those days???.It's the first time i haven't been able to get bait up there.{ Not that i have fished it a great deal}.Still,had a top day towing a hardbody lure from the boat ramp near Westfield all the way to the bridge and back.No waterskiers and no jetskies.Was talking to a bloke who said he caught an 80cm jew up there the other day.Also does anyone know where you can buy bait in bulk.Like a box of mabey prawns or squid at a decent price???.Cheers.

Hey Keith, i had a pretty similar experience in the Pine the first time i went back after the floods. We did manage to get onto a few good fish that were lost but in general the fishing was a lot slower then normal as you described.

If you are having no luck getting bait or you wish to just get some fast to get straight into fishing the pine,you can good quality seafood from lawnton opposite Bob Jane heading outbound.

I went Friday arvo.

mullet large 1.99k/g

poddy mullet 2.99/kg

squid(really large though) 9.99 k/g

prepack frozen 250gram peeld prawns 2.95 pkt

biddies 5.99 k/g

wild green prawns 11.99

Might be useful for you as they are open til about 5.30pm most days. Either way good luck with your fishing

Thanks heaps for the input guys.It's true,you can't beat local knowledge.I actualy stuck my head in the door of that Aussie Seafood joint at Lawnton for the first time on Saturday.Was very impressed with the joint.Also is anyone else having problems with the login page of this website or is it my computer.Cheers.

Archived