Nearly Finished my home made casting deck :D, Pics

Runty66

Hey all,

So Excited Bout the casting deck i've been building over the Hoildays.. Nearly finished!

Here's some photo's so Far :whistle:

[attachment:9]C:\fakepath\28062011192.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:8]C:\fakepath\28062011191.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment]C:\fakepath\28062011190.jpg[/attachment]

post-9085-144598640406_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598640397_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598640387_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598640355_thumb.jpg

Hey champ nice handy work. I hope you dont mind some advice I would seal the timber with a couple of coats of bondcrete or some other PVA sealer befor you carpet it otherwise the wood will asorb water and buckie and warp when it dries. hope i'm not sticking my nose in where its not wanted :whistle: ;)

Hey champ nice handy work. I hope you dont mind some advice I would seal the timber with a couple of coats of bondcrete or some other PVA sealer befor you carpet it otherwise the wood will asorb water and buckie and warp when it dries. hope i'm not sticking my nose in where its not wanted :whistle: ;)

Nah it's fine, i need some help haha.. im only 14 and im doing it all by my self so advice is good :).. Thanks, I was going to put some coats of marine pant over it and seal the gaps with marine stuff.. Thx for the help :).

Hey man. Use rivets on it. Otherwise you will need to get aluminum self taping screws as you can't use normal mild steel or stainless screws as they are not compatible (electrolysis) the problem with aluminum screws is that they are quite weak and the self tapers won't last long. But other than that it's looking pretty sweet.

Pat

Hey man. Use rivets on it. Otherwise you will need to get aluminum self taping screws as you can't use normal mild steel or stainless screws as they are not compatible (electrolysis) the problem with aluminum screws is that they are quite weak and the self tapers won't last long. But other than that it's looking pretty sweet.

Pat

Okay, Thanks Pat.. im about to go to bunnings to get some panit stuff and ss screws for the timber.. thanks guys for all the help :) :pinch:

And thanks for the kind words B)

Archived