New Combo

HamishF

Hey Everyone

just looking for some advice on a good allround combo. im looking at flicking heavier plastics and hardbodies for big flatties and jacks, mabe ever some good school jew. but i also would like it to handle small kings and snapper just offshore. im not afraid to spend big probably looking at 500-600 for the combo, at the moment i was keen on the sol and heartlands in the 3000, but would also look at getting a heavy baitcaster just so it increases accuracy in the mangroves and flats casting. umm the combo would be more based around the jacks and jews but as i said could be used offshore. at the moment im only running a few 2000-2500 combos and a heavy 8000 stradic and deep jig 200 for offshore/lives.

Hoping yous have some good advice :)

Cheers Hamish

Mate for the reel i would go the Daiwa Seagate 3500. Abit of an over kill for flathead, but if you want to catch decent snapper & kings on the same reel i would defently go the seagate, retails in most tackle store for $299 but if you shop around you can get them for $270-$280.

/>http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=3830

hope this helps

Jordan

Mate i've just bought a Shimano Stradic CI4 4000 with a LuckyCraft 3-10kg rod and total price for the two locally is $600 and am using for the same purposes you've mentioned. I've only loaded it up on a Longtail of about 10kg and it has the power to knock em over quick but still able to cast lighter lures and plastics. Also the combo ways bugger all, it's almost as light as my 2-4kg setup.

Cheers

Mark

cheers for the help :)

yeah i actually work at bcf so ive had good look at both when they first came in. i like the sea gate very much and love the handle and knob that comes standard, and yeah was also contemplating the stradic ci4 too as an option due to the fact that the shimanos are alittle smaller in the comparison size to the daiwas, but ive always been a huge fan of daiwa spins just from past experience.

the combo will be used offshore and deeper waters probably only once a every couple of months whereas its main use is for heaver eastury applications.

i'd probably step up to a 4000 size reel, as most 3000's are usualy a 2500 body with a deeper spool.

but if u were deadset on a 3000, maybe just upgrading the spool on one of ur 2500's would be more cost effective, would save forking out for a whole new reel.

adam

cheers guys, yeah i think i might go with the heartland 4000, probably spool it with 20lb suffix matrix pro or daiwa hyper PE. not 100% on the rod though, im sure theres some nice ones out there for around 200 :)

Thanks for all the help and advice

Archived