best bream and flathead trollinh lures

Lachie

Lachie..... i like to use Eco Gears, yo zuri, Atomic Hards, Maria Lures these all work very well trolling behind a yak :)

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers

Darren

i love the jackall, squirells + daiwa double, clutch.

as u paddle left and right they seem too pause for a second because they're suspenders, ive noticed them as stand out flatty lures in my short time yakkin.

colour dosn't seem to matter, though if forced to choose, any of the ayu style colours may have a slightly higher catch count.

hope this helps

If ya havent yet got any atomic hards lures, then grab some of them. They will catch anything, and work awesome on flatties and bream. There around 13 bucks. If your on more of a budget, the berkley frenzy lures are super cheap and heard they work great.

If ya havent yet got any atomic hards lures, then grab some of them. They will catch anything, and work awesome on flatties and bream. There around 13 bucks. If your on more of a budget, the berkley frenzy lures are super cheap and heard they work great.

any specific colour mate ?

Hi Mate,

I generally always tow a halco scorpion when ever I head out for a paddle.

Have never failed to catch a fish everytime!

The fluro green/yellow 52mm seem to work best for me and aren't priced to badly if you shop at kmart or big W. About $8 or $9 I think.

Another cheapie that always seems to perform are the berkley HB frenzy's ( it hink that is what they are called? about 3" inches long...) Available from big W for about $3 or $4 a pop. I've had enought success on them that last time I stocked up I took every one on the the shelf. At that price who cares if you lose a few. Best one I have found has a black back and silver belly and there is one that has a metallic purple back and a clear belly. Not a "gun" lure like some of the others but I have had the best success with these out from Raby Bay on my kayak.

Cheers.

Graeme

any specific colour mate ?

Ghost green has worked best for me, there all good though. B)

Archived