Ford Escape ... any feedback?

Bluevien

Anyone own one or has any opinions on them? The Magna shat itself so I am in the market for something that can tow the boat and handle some of the crappy ramps around the place. I won't be four wheel driving in it so a medium SUV seems to suit the purpose and my budget and the Escape keeps popping up at the right price.

I have looked at Xtrails, Ravs and CRVs but theyre all too much for a decent ride.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Rob

Got a mate with a Mazda Tribute (same car) and he has had it to Fraser and Teewah beach, did pretty well in it too. Only complaint was it was pretty thirsty (V6) and the auto overheated going through the soft stuff. For what you want it for these things should not really be an issue. Only other thing that he has had aproblem with is it tends to go through brakes fairly quickly, don't know whether this is a common issue or his driving style though. I tend to think they are pretty good value for what you are getting as you are not paying extra for a name. Hope that helps a little.

Yea my son just recently bought a 2007 ford escape, his had it for about 3 months and had no complaints it has done 46000 km, he takes it camping and wants to go on the beach with it and some stage, he had electronic rusting done for this reason.

His is the 4cyl I think there a 2.3 litre, I know the 6cyl are thirsty but its what u wanna use it for, over all I would own one, but the xtrail would come first, hope this helps in some way

Thanks for that guys, it helps. I have heard the six is thirsty but shouldn't be any worse than the Magna. I will keep an eye out for a good four but may end up with a six because I'll miss the power. It comes down to value and the more I look around the Escape is better value. Time for a test drive.

Cheers for replying.

HI

WE HAVE A 2004 ESCAPE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

WE TOW OUR 4.2 MTR ALLY RUNABOUT WITH AND ALSO OUR CAMPER TRAILER AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL

WE HAVE EVEN TAKEN IT TO LANDCRUISER PARK AND ONLY USED 4WD TWICE

IT IS A LITTLE THIRSTY BUT HAS GOOD POWER

Is it the 6? I have the same size runabout. How do u think the 2.4 four cylinder would go towing?

HI

WE HAVE A 2004 ESCAPE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

WE TOW OUR 4.2 MTR ALLY RUNABOUT WITH AND ALSO OUR CAMPER TRAILER AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL

WE HAVE EVEN TAKEN IT TO LANDCRUISER PARK AND ONLY USED 4WD TWICE

IT IS A LITTLE THIRSTY BUT HAS GOOD POWER

Is it the 6? I have the same size runabout. How do u think the 2.4 four cylinder would go towing?

good cars, mate had one in the snow and it made it out no worries after a massive dump, having said that my missus has a Rav 4 and it tows my boat, Glass 5 mt, but runs out of puff up big hills, I use the BT-50 for towing but the RAV is reliable as, fairly good on fuel and tyres and brakes, (65000km no brakes yet) You can get a good second hand one for around 18K these days, but if you want a bit of extra power the 6 Tribute would be good, Ravs also come in a six and they go like shit off a shovel.

Archived